Yesterday my housemates and I woke up, got ready, and walked to the nearest shopping area called City Centre. We bought mostly food and a few other items for the apartment. We came back and made dinner and our last housemate arrived baring gifts! She brought us each a jar of traditional Slovenian honey and a bottle of Slovenian alcohol to share! Not long after she arrived we began getting ready for the pub crawl. We were of course running late so after we got to the first bar (I got my first Guinness!) we were told the bus was coming in like five minutes. So let's just say it was the fastest I've ever drank a beer until then at least. We headed for the second pub and my housemates and I decided to buy in rounds for each other. So I bought a pitcher of Sex On The Beach (which was my favorite of the night) and Jenny bought a pitcher of Party Girl. The third pub may have been my favorite because my housemates and I were in a drinking game against four St. Mary's freshers students (Irish might I add). We were in a game called the beer race and had to drink the beer as fast as possible and put it over our head upside down to show it was empty. I was up first and thinking I had finished it I put it over my head and the foam left in the bottle got all over my hair! Luckily it did everyone else's too and was worth it because we won! They called it a tie to be nice but even the other competitors admitted that we won. Therefore, that was now the fastest I've drank a beer and I can say we beat some Irish girls at their own game! The night continued on from pub to pub drinking, dancing, laughing, and having all sorts of fun. When the night finally came to an end and we took a taxi home and stayed up a little longer just laughing about the events of the night.
The next day we slept in pretty late (me at least) and stayed around the apartment. The best part I would say was making our first dinner all together. We made rice with green, red, and yellow peppers, carrots, and homemade salad (croutons, dressing, and everything). It was delicious. We also made plans for the weekend which we decided to go to Dublin! So we spent the rest of the night snacking and watching an equally horrible version of UK's Big Brother or The Real World. It was great just relaxing and getting to know my wonderful housemates even more. Although I'm definitely excited for what we have in store for this weekend!
The fun just never ends and I can easily say I've fallen in love with a country by the name of Ireland.


No comments:
Post a Comment